Want to combine two separate shapes in Photoshop?
Combining multiple shapes in Photoshop is quick and easy, and there are many reasons why you may want to do this.
While you can combine as many separate shapes as you want to within Photoshop, in this tutorial we will just be combining two shapes. To combine more shapes, simply repeat the process.
Here’s how to do it:
- Select both of the shapes that you want to combine in the Layers panel
- With both shape layers selected, right-click and choose Merge Shapes from the popup menu
- With the Direct Selection Tool (A) active, copy (command/control C) one of your two shapes
- Select your second shape using the Direct Selection tool or using the Layers panel
- Paste the first shape on top of the second (command/control V)
- If you want to subtract the first shape from the second, select a new Path Operation from the top toolbar or from the Properties panel