Need to add page numbers to your InDesign project?
Numbering your InDesign document is useful for many reasons. Whether you are laying out a book design, creating an instruction manual, or just creating a multi-page brochure, numbering the corners of your pages can be helpful for yourself and the end user.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open your InDesign project file
- In the Pages panel, double-click the master page that you want to add numbering to
- Using the Type Tool, create a text frame for your numbers and add it to the desired location on the master page (usually in the corner of the page)
- Position the insertion point where you want the page number to appear, and then choose Type > Insert Special Character > Markers > Current Page Number
Change page numbering style:
- In the Pages panel, select the page where you want the new numbering style to begin
- Choose Layout > Numbering & Section Options
- Specify options, and then click the OK button